Managing a global workforce is a complex process. Unfortunately, no single set of global HR policies and practices can account for the legal requirements of every country you operate in. Every jurisdiction has unique employer obligations related to hiring workers, managing working time and paid time off, terminating employee contracts and more. These country-specific requirements can vary substantially and are constantly evolving.
The bottom line is you need to establish and maintain locally compliant HR practices that account for each of your workers, in all jurisdictions, through the entire employee lifecycle, from onboarding new hires to terminating employee contracts.
Our managed HR services include:
- Onboarding new hires
- Collecting and maintaining new-hire documentation
- Completing eligibility-to-work checklists
- Enrolling employees in local benefits plans
- Conducting new-hire orientation
- Managing employment contracts and records
- Managing benefits
- Managing paid time off
- Acting as primary contact for local employees with HR questions
- Supporting employee contract terminations
- Calculating severance pay
- Managing benefits for employees who've had their contracts terminated.