Investors also consider a corporation’s sustainability record when making investment choices. In this environment, corporate governance plays an essential role in defining corporate purpose, managing risk and increasing enterprise value.
Strong corporate governance promotes integrity as well as regulatory compliance and operational efficiencies. Robust compliance controls are particularly critical now, when tax, data protection and other regulators are imposing heavy penalties and a single news story can go viral across the globe in hours. In this ecosystem, businesses and high-net-worth individuals must optimise their corporate structures and promote other efficiencies while also ensuring transparency.
In this webinar, Vistra experts in corporate, private wealth, tax and legal services discuss the important elements of corporate governance for multinational companies and high-net-worth individuals intent on protecting their assets and reputations. Here are some topics they’ll address, with an emphasis on what’s most important in 2022 and beyond:
- What is corporate governance
- Why corporate governance is key to defining corporate purpose, protecting brand reputation and unlocking value
- How governance practices are being affected by trends in ESG, corporate responsibility and philanthropy
- The importance of regular corporate structure health checks, including maximising synergies following cross-border M&As
- Tips for strengthening governance
- The consequences of not promoting strong governance
- Charlotte Hultman, Global Sector Head, Corporates
- Christopher Marquis, Global Sector Head, Private Wealth
- Debbie Farman, Global Head of Legal Services and Global Entity Management
- Tom Lickess, Global Head of International Tax Advisory
Don’t have time to watch the full webinar? Watch some of the some key moments below.
The contents of this article are intended for informational purposes only. The article should not be relied on as legal or other professional advice. Neither Vistra Group Holding S.A. nor any of its group companies, subsidiaries or affiliates accept responsibility for any loss occasioned by actions taken or refrained from as a result of reading or otherwise consuming this article. For details, read our Legal and Regulatory notice at: http://www.vistra.com/notices . Copyright © 2024 by Vistra Group Holdings SA. All Rights Reserved.
How private equity fund administration is changing
22 Feb 2024
The private equity sector is changing, with proliferating reporting requirements, emerging technologies, a new emphasis on attracting retail investors, and other developments. Fund administration…
Vistra appoints Abdel Hmitti as Managing Director and Global Head of Funds
20 Feb 2024
Navigating private debt in the Asia-Pacific region
15 Feb 2024
What you need to know about Saudi Arabia's local headquarters rule
07 Feb 2024
Tax planning checklist for multinational organisations
31 Jan 2024
The benefits and risks of co-sourcing fund administration
24 Jan 2024