Webinar date: Thursday, 17 June 2021, 4:00pm HKT
According to recent statistics, the total Alternative Assets under Management (AUM) is predicted to reach US$17.16tn in 2025 with Asia representing a large component of this growth. More specifically, China’s asset management industry has grown rapidly in recent years and still promises significant upside potential. In light of this, Vistra will be hosting the first in a series of webinars designed to help China-based asset managers navigate all aspects related to the planning and raising of capital for a USD offshore fund. Ongoing topics will range from the choice of jurisdictions, offshore fund set up, global LP investor demand, and tax considerations just to name a few.
In our upcoming webinar on 17th June, our subject matter expert and distinguished guest speakers from KPMG and Eaton Partners will provide information around the following key topics:
• What are the unified fund exemption regime in HK & PRC tax issues you should consider before starting a USD fund?
• What is the value of outsourcing fund administration given the increasingly complex regulatory requirements and transparency demands from international LPs?
• What are the fundraising opportunities and challenges for China GPs during COVID?
• What are key factors influencing international LPs’ decisions to invest?
Join us on Thursday, 17th June 2021, 4:00pm to 5:30pm (Hong Kong Time) for this highly informative webinar.
- Unified Fund Exemption regime in HK & PRC tax considerations for USD funds
Sandy Fung, Tax Partner, Alternative Investments, KPMG and Anthony Pak, Tax Partner, Shenzhen Tax M＆A, KPMG
- The value of engaging a fund administrator
Doni Lau, Director, Fund Services Greater China, Vistra
- Fundraising opportunities & challenges for China GPs during COVID
Thomas Yu, Head of Asia Pacific, Eaton Partners
Speakers & Partner companies
A Certificate of Attendance will be issued upon request after completing the full session.
Vistra launches SPAC and De-SPAC services
05 Aug 2021
A proven IPO alternative in capital markets, Vistra’s SPAC service helps businesses accelerate their growth ambitions. Vistra announces today the launch of its Special Purpose Acquisition Companies (SPAC) service. …
Philanthropy and its role in major global issues
28 Jul 2021
Using an employer of record to transfer employees in a cross-border M&A carve-out deal
29 Jul 2021
The proposed minimum corporate tax rate: What businesses need to know
23 Jul 2021
Five ways businesses can build a powerful wellness programme
15 Jul 2021
Expanding into the Taiwan market – what you need to know
29 Jul 2021