A legal entity must appear on the company’s PSC register if it is both relevant and registrable. A legal entity is relevant in relation to your company if it meets any one or more of the 5 conditions to being a PSC and:
- holds its own PSC register; or
- is subject to DTRs (disclosure and transparency rules); or
- has voting shares admitted to trading on a regulated market in the UK or EEA (other than the UK) or on specified markets* in Switzerland, the USA, Japan and Israel
A RLE is registrable in relation to your company if it is the first relevant legal entity in the company’s ownership chain.
Where a RLE has been identified, the following details must be obtained and entered into the PSC register;
- name of the legal entity
- the address of its registered or principle office
- the legal form of the entity and the law by which it is governed
- registration details
- date the legal entity became a RLE
- nature of control
*Specified markets (page 25)
- Tel Aviv Stock Exchange
- Fukuoka Stock Exchange
- Nagoya Stock Exchange
- Osaka Securities Exchange
- Sapporo Securities Exchange
- Tokyo Stock Exchange
- BX Berne Exchange
- SIX Swiss Exchange
- United States of America
- BATS Exchange, Inc.
- BATS Y-Exchange, Inc.
- BOX Options Exchange LLC
- C2 Options Exchange, Incorporated
- Chicago Board Options Exchange, Incorporated
- Chicago Stock Exchange, Inc.
- EDGA Exchange, Inc
- EDGX Exchange, Inc
- International Securities Exchange, LLC
- Miami International Securities Exchange LLC
- NASDAQ OMX BX, Inc.
- NASDAQ OMX PHLX LLC
- The NASDAQ Stock Market LLC
- National Stock Exchange, Inc.
- New York Stock Exchange LLC
- NYSE Arca, Inc.
- NYSE MKT LLC
Author: Lee Date
Invitation: Economic Substance Update - BVI and Cayman Islands
31 May 2019
The recent economic substance laws in major offshore jurisdictions have left many in our industry questioning how these new substance requirements may affect them. It is clear that there may be significant operational and structural impacts to businesses with entities in…
Invitation: Trends and developments in the VC space
29 May 2019
Why Malaysia Is the New Gateway to Southeast Asia - Webinar
21 May 2019
Guernsey Private Capital Structures
16 May 2019
Deal or No Deal - What does Brexit mean for UK Employers?
14 May 2019
Accounting and Finance Considerations When Expanding Internationally - Webinar
14 May 2019