Managing a fund has become more challenging than ever.
Vistra Fund Management S.A. (VFM) is the Luxembourg based third party alternative investment fund manager (AIFM) of Vistra authorised to act as AIFM for private equity, real estate, infrastructure and debt alternative investment funds (“AIF”). VFM removes the burden of operating your own alternative investment fund manager and is one of few providers that offer a range of tailored and integrated services.
VFM can help you if:
- You are an investment adviser (not holding an investment management licence in your home member state)
- You delegate portfolio management to a licensed investment manager (holding a licence in its home member state)
- You are a licensed investment manager (holding a licence in your home member state)
The benefits of VFM include:
- Third Party AIFM: a turnkey solution instead of setting up own AIFM
- A quick time to market
- Skilled professionals with market knowledge and field experience
- Legal, compliance and regulatory alerts
- Absence of HR-related concerns
- Centralised supervision of operations such as central administration, transfer agency, domiciliation and depositary services
Main functions performed by VFM
1. Portfolio management
Subject to your status and organisation, VFM will:
- Appoint you as investment adviser and act as portfolio manager
- Appoint you or your delegate investment manager as investment manager and oversee portfolio management to ensure compliance with the investment objective of your alternative investment fund
2. Risk management
- VFM will always perform risk management, which remains independent from its portfolio management services.
- VFM will be responsible for the valuation of the assets of each fund it manages. VFM will implement policies and procedures to ensure an effective and robust valuation governance process, appointing external valuers if necessary.
- Valuation of the assets will be performed on both a net asset value frequency basis and a transaction basis.
- VFM is an EU AIFM. Any fund it manages benefits from the EU passport and can be passported across the EU subject to relevant registrations.
5. Due diligence and oversight
- VFM will oversee investment management, administration and distribution functions for the fund.
To discuss how we could assist you, please contact one of our specialists or complete the enquiry form.