Each country has its own unique requirements, costs and timelines when it comes to winding down a legal entity. Failure to understand and follow these requirements can lead to costly delays, penalties and other negative consequences. It may even hamper your ability to conduct business in that country in the future.
At Vistra, we have deep experience in winding down operations in dozens of countries, and we can help you navigate the legal and tax-entity termination rules of virtually any jurisdiction. If you’re considering winding down, we can:
- Conduct a legal-entity rationalisation to determine if all your legal entities are necessary and to promote efficiencies in your corporate legal structure
- Provide information and advice related to your wind-down options based on entity types and countries involved
- Manage the tax clearance application and tax deregistration processes
- Manage the entity wind-down application process
- Repatriate your offshore profits and assets in a tax-efficient way, including conducting an intra-group balance rationalisation.
With our help, you can be sure to avoid delays in deregistration and possible additional compliance obligations that can come from unfamiliarity with local laws and practices.
You'll achieve a clean balance sheet before you wind down, unlocking previously trapped cash and assets while reducing tax leakage. And you'll emerge with an optimal corporate structure to reduce your compliance and maintenance costs.
Case Study: Vistra cleans up and deregisters 40 acquired entities
How can we help?
In a globalising world, there are opportunities out there.